Voyager School Travel specialise in school trips to Normandy and we have been sending school trips to this part of France for over 20 years. Not only is Normandy home to two of Voyager’s own language residential centres - Château de la Baudonnière and La Grand' Ferme - it is also the location of Voyager’s French HQ which means your group can be sure to benefit from our local knowledge and 24-hour support.
The Normandy region of France is a stunning destination for school groups - so full of history and not too far from the UK, it’s no wonder that so many teachers choose a school trip to Normandy. The Normandy region is rich in Anglo-French history, from Bayeaux Tapestry to World War Two landing beaches, making it perfect for history school trips too.
Our French team are part of the local community, with links across the region, so whichever of our Normandy school trips you choose, we will ensure your group enjoys an authentic exposure to local French culture. Now let's look at our most popular Normandy school trips.
French language immersion trip to the Chateau de la Baudonniere, Southern Normandy
Château de la Baudonnière is our flagship residential centre and our experienced team there are responsible for the training and ongoing development of all our French animateurs. French school trips to the Chateau offer a full programme of immersive French language activities in the grounds of a fairy-tale chateau, with its own adventure park, mini-farm and lake. What makes our French trips to the Chateau different is that your students will be totally immersed in French language throughout their stay. Whether kayaking, climbing, making French bread or enjoying their evening meal, all they will hear is French. In fact, we believe that a week at the Chateau exposes students to more French in a week than a term of formal lessons. And all led by our experienced French-native animateurs.
French school trip to La Grand’ Ferme, Mont Saint Michel
Voyager School Travel’s La Grand’ Ferme residential centre is set in its own secluded grounds with pool, sports courts and playing fields. The comfortable centre has views toward Mont St Michel – one of the most popular attractions for school trips to Normandy. The La Grand’ Ferme centre offers a mixed French language programme for schools which combines on-site activities and local excursions to create an authentic French language and cultural experience. Your group will be led, in French, throughout the trip by our team of experienced French-native animateurs who are trained to encourage learners to always use their French, building confidence, comprehension and vocabulary. And it doesn’t stop there, with cultural visits to the local community and Normandy landmarks, such as Mont St Michel, it’s the perfect mix for a Normandy school trip.
Normandy Experience French school trip
This school trip is an escorted tour of Normandy with one of our experienced French-native animateurs. You and your students will stay in a choice of pre-vetted accommodation in Normandy within easy reach of the local excursions and activities you would like to visit depending on your school’s preferences and learning objectives. Voyager’s Normandy Experience is a great mix of French language, culture, and history providing a cross-curricular French trip exploring Normandy’s highlights and landmarks such as Mont St Michel, Bayeaux and the D-Day landing beaches. Throughout your Normandy school trip our French animateur will be your guide and will keep your students learning French.
World War Two history and D-Day landing beaches school trip
Normandy, France is famous for its D-Day landing beaches and the area has copious amount of important historical sites, from walking in the footsteps of the fallen soldiers at the D-Day landing beaches, such as Omaha, Utah or Sword or visit Pointe du hoc where you can see the remaining bunkers, machine gun posts and a battlefield on top of a spectacular cliff, but don’t miss out on visiting the war memorials which represents the thousands of lives lost and the effect war has on human life. We offer World War Two history school trips to Normandy or cross-curricular tours with a French language guide.
Normandy adventure school trip
Voyagers’ experienced activity instructors we offer a fun-filled activity week in Normandy, full of adventure such as paddleboarding, canoeing on the river Sélune, team games on the beach, high ropes, climbing but the best part is sand yachting along the beach. Not only having all these fantastic activities at your fingertips, but your accommodation is also a stone throw from the beach in our exclusive camping village.
Normandy School trip Highlights
With our local expert knowledge, we can provide you with a bespoke school trip experience in Normandy which is packed full of exciting, enlightening, adventurous activities, and excursions in the Normandy region, such as:
- Mont St Michel – Beautiful cobbled streets and abbey of this Unesco world heritage site are perched on an island, a must-see for any Normandy trip
- Bayeaux tapestry – Famous as the home of the 70-metre-long Bayeux Tapestry, the medieval town is also home to the largest British military cemetery in France, making it a key destination for groups studying the history of conflict
- D-Day landing beaches – Omaha beach with impressive steel sculpture Les Braves, Pointe du hoc where you can see bunkers and machine gun posts, Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.
- A taste of Normandy - The region is famous for its local produce, visit a local goats cheese farm or experience one of the region’s apple, cider, scallop and seafood festivals held in September
- Arromanche – Is the heart of the D-Day landings, with moving 360° Cinema, Mulberry Harbour and museum
- Quicksand experience – Walk barefoot across the sand to Mont St Michel and learn how to escape from quicksand with our experienced guide
- Chateau de la Baudonniere – Visit Voyager’s residential centre for kayaking, climbing, fencing and mini-farm adventures with our French speaking animateurs
- Visit a local French market – Experience real Normandy culture exploring a town market in Bayeaux, Avranches or Villedieu-Les-Poêles
- Saint Malo – Historic walled cathedral city with a surrounding beach and great aquarium
- Villedieu-Les-Poêles – The town is famous for its Bell Foundry, Copper Workshop and Pewter Museum. It is rich in history and has a bustling morning market every Tuesday.
Looking for onsite adventure activities at a fairy-tale Chateau? The chance to experience authentic local culture? Or an escorted tour of Normandy's rich history and landmarks? Our specialists will create a Normandy school trip to suit.
Book Your School Trip To Normandy today
Are you interested in a school trip to Normandy? Click the button below to request a quote! Our expert team are ready to answer any questions you may have, contact us today.