How language immersion school trips work
The principles of learning through language immersion
Our method of teaching French is through language immersion, where learners only hear and speak French for the duration of their stay.
All our centre-based language programmes immerse learners so that they only hear, see and use French throughout their trip to create a truly authentic and realistic setting.
To achieve this, our experienced French-native animateurs will ensure that all activities, excursions, lessons, mealtimes and evening entertainment are conducted in French.
The benefits of language immersion
- Our language immersion trips deliver against more MFL curriculum aims than the traditional school trip
- Unlike a normal French school trip, learners will have maximum exposure to the language during their trip
- We provide constant opportunities for learners to use French in a real-world setting so that they see the benefits of learning a second language
- Learners enjoy the experience of understanding and being understood in French
- By practising with French-native animateurs, students improve their listening skills, grow their vocabulary, and learn to pronounce like a native-speaker
- Confidence will soar as our highly-experienced animateurs encourage even the most reticent children to have a go and use their French in fun and supportive environment
Native-speaking language instructors trained at our Normandy centre of excellence
Our language immersion programmes in Paris, Normandy and the Opal Coast are run by our own animateurs, a hand-picked team of French-native activity leaders who have undertaken training at our flagship French language centre, Château de la Baudonnière.
Our Spanish and German centre-based programmes use the same teaching principles as our French immersion programmes, using German and Spanish native group leaders to provide an authentic and immersive language experience for your learners.
As with our French immersion programmes, your school group will have a specially trained activity leader who will deliver activities, mealtimes and evening games in the target language to create a more authentic and immersive environment than the average school trip.