What to pack for a school trip—The essential school trip kit list
1 Apr 2022, 09:18
What are the school trip essentials parents need to pack for their kids?
A kit list for a school trip is essential - and we recommend you tick off everything before zipping up your suitcase. There's nothing worse than being the one (or being responsible for the one) who forgot their passport! It does happen and it can cause huge problems for teachers and parents alike.
What children need to take on a school trip
We recommend the basics for our Adventure, Language and Educational school trips. So here goes, the essential School Trip Kit list is as follows:
- Passport — Make sure your passport is valid post-Brexit. Click here to read our advice.
- EHIC or GHIC — Our trips include insurance, but we recommend each child has their own health card.
- Mobile phone
- Phone charger & UK to EU adapter plug
- Personal medication
- Pocket money
- Waterproof sun lotion (High SPF)
- Insect repellent
- Reusable water bottle
- Torch (or a headtorch)
- Bin liner for dirty clothes
- Hoody / Sweatshirt
- Light long-sleeved shirt
- Sun hat
- Wind / Waterproof jacket
- Casual clothes
- Tracksuit bottoms
Your child is in safe hands with Voyager School Travel - the school trip experts
Check out our family adventure holidays (because why should school groups have all the fun?)
Over the summer, we open up our French activity centres to experience-seeking families. These fun-filled breaks in France are operated by Voyager School Travel's sister company, Family Adventure Holidays and offer a great selection of activities at great-value prices.
- Family Adventure Holidays are based at our school adventure centres in France which means we don't inflate our prices during the summer holidays like traditional travel operators
- Once you arrive, all activities and outings are included, so there is no need to worry that you'll need to put your hand in your pocket for any extras during the holiday. The Chateau adventure also includes food (and wine with evening meals) in the price.
- Because families organise their own transport to France, groups can shop around for the best deal on their Channel-crossing.
See our Family Adventure Holiday deals