COVID-19 Peace of Mind Promise
Now that the DfE has finally clarified its advice on school trips we hope that the information below reassures you that, once you are able to consider a trip, we are more than ready for you! Children have missed out on so much and so we can't wait to organise a trip to help plug students' knowledge gaps.
Read on for details of our booking flexibility, safety protocols, expertise, financial security and emergency back-up measures so you can plan your next trip with confidence.
We understand that schools are worried about being left in the lurch, or out of pocket, because of changing travel rules and regulations. That’s why our COVID Peace of Mind Promise gives groups extra reassurance as well as flexibility to change their trip plans up to a month before departure.
Freedom to postpone up to 28 days of departure
If you have to change your plans because of COVID-19, we promise to waive our amendment fees so that you can postpone your trip for free between 12 weeks and 28 days before departure.
How does it work?
We won’t charge you any postponement fees if you have to delay your trip to a later date due to COVID-19. All we ask is that you let us know between 12 weeks and 28 days before your planned departure and maintain your agreed payment schedule up to the point you have to postpone.
This additional flexibility is for all new bookings made between 10 May – 16 July 2021 for travel in the 2021/22 academic year.
Refund if your trip is cancelled within 21 days of departure
If your trip is cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions, and you are unable to claim from your insurance, then we guarantee to either find you a suitable alternative, or refund your group in full.
How does it work?
In the event that your school insurance or RPA will not cover COVID travel cancellation, then your group is eligible for a full refund if any of the following applies within 21 days of your planned departure:
- The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to your chosen destination
- The Department for Education recommends against taking school trips to your chosen destination
- The whole group is required to quarantine at your travel destination
- Your group is required to quarantine on your return due to the government’s traffic light system
- Local or national lockdowns in the UK will prevent your departure
- Local or national restrictions at your destination will impact the main purpose your trip
Normal cancellation terms and conditions apply if:
- Individual travellers decide to pull out of the trip
- You cancel the booking more than 21 days before the group is due to depart
- You have not kept up with the agreed payment schedule
- Your school/college insurance or RPA will cover your COVID cancellation claim
This additional refund protection applies to new booking made between 10 May – 16 July 2021 for travel in the 2021/22 academic year. To be eligible for this refund, your group must also keep up with the agreed payment schedule.
Please click on the COVID-19 Peace of Mind Promise FAQ below to ensure you fully understand how it works.