Don't miss these local seasonal highlights on your next school trip to Normandy
21 Apr 2022, 11:58 by Sam Taylor
Make your Normandy school trip even more authentic by attending these local cultural events
Our team at La Grand’ Ferme are part of the local community which means that we can tap into their inside knowledge to create a unique cultural experience for your school trip to Normandy, recommending special seasonal activities, traditions and festivals which only the locals know about. Organise your school trip to Normandy in February, for example, to experience Normandy’s longest-running and most famous carnival in Granville. Plan your Normandy school trip around one of these seasonal regional highlights:
- Dieppe Kite Festival, this magical experience will enthral your students as thousands of kites take to the sky, a truly magnificent spectacle that draws visitors from all over the world
- Fêtes Normandes – a wonderful opportunity to celebrate all things Norman! This festival is an opportunity for your students to taste all that the Normandy region has to offer from delicious cheeses to freshly caught scallops!
- Visit one of the region’s seasonal food festivals, Normandy has a regional timetable of apple, cider, scallop and seafood festivals throughout the month
- Normandy undergoes its annual transition into winter wonderland, from Chritsmas markets to the Rouen Christmas parade, you cannot fail to get wrapped up in the magic of the festive season in Normandy
- See the towns and villages across Normandy illuminated and enjoy the stunning light show inside Bayeux’s magnificent cathedral
- Granville Carnival, the highlight of the Normandy calendar, is a celebration of wonderful colours, vibrant costumes and confetti fights! An authentic insight into local culture
- Normandy Architecture month – people across the region tackle every day issues from climate change to living space
- The FENO festival, showcases the best of everything the region has to offer, including local crafts and gastronomical delights!
- Fete du Fromage, the quaint little town of Pont l’Evêque transforms into a cheese-lovers dream! The perfect opportunity for your group to try out their French with the locals
Stay at our residential Normandy school trip centre
Now you've seen what's on offer on a school trip to Normandy, take a look at our fantastic programme of day trips, visits to local attractions and on-site activities at La Grand'Ferme, our French school centre.