Your group is covered—our ABTA travel insurance includes COVID-19 cover
Last term we introduced extra flexible booking terms for new school trips. Now we have upgraded our travel insurance to include COVID-19 cover to give school groups all the protection they require to book their next trip with confidence.
Introducing ABTA's STF Travel Sure insurance for school trips
Voyager School Travel has selected ABTA’s STF Travel Sure insurance policy for all our school trips and residentials in the UK & abroad.
The policy is underwritten by AXA, one of the world’s largest insurance companies and was developed in partnership with ABTA, the UK’s most trusted travel association. It has been created exclusively for UK school groups travelling with an eligible School Travel Forum (STF) member so you can be confident that it provides specialist protection for students, parents and school.
The insurance policy provides all the protection you would typically expect—plus an enhanced level of COVID-19 cover for your group.
COVID-19 cover before the trip
- Cancellation cover for any students or teachers who can’t travel because they’ve contracted COVID-19 in the run up to the trip
- Cover for students or teachers who are unable to go on the trip because they’ve been told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace
- Cover for replacing or recruiting a party leader should they be unable to go on the trip due to testing positive for COVID-19
COVID-19 cover while on the trip
- Emergency medical expenses cover if someone falls ill with COVID-19 while on the trip
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses incurred if an individual is required to self-isolate at resort
- The accommodation and travel costs incurred by a parent or guardian to travel to the resort and accompany their affected child, so teachers can return home with the group
Extra support for teachers & group leaders while abroad
The insurance is underwritten by AXA, one of the world's leading insurance companies, which means that the cover includes plenty of market-leading features and back up services:
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Telemedical video assistance included night or day
- Travel EYE app providing a medical translator, hospital locator, emergency numbers, health alerts, global security and risk information
- UK-based call centre for customer service and claims
- Dedicated specialist school group insurance support team
What makes the insurance so special?
This insurance is only available on trips organised by eligible School Travel Forum Members which means that you will not be able to get this level of protection when booking your own trip.
How does your school trip cover compare?
- Cover for gadgets e.g. lost or stolen mobile phones
- New-for-old replacement of lost or stolen items
- Cover for all the types of school trip activities e.g. watersports, ski, adventure activities and team sports
- No exemptions for pre-existing medical conditions and, unlike other policies, no requirement to declare pre-existing medical conditions
- No excess to pay on claims (excluding luggage) so parents will receive all of their claim
- Up to £20 million medical cover per person
- Up to £5,000 cancellation cover per person
- Up to £5 million third party liability cover per event
Choose Voyager School Travel to ensure your trip has the very best insurance protection
Download AXA's Insurance Policy document, or check out the cover limits in the Table of Benefits, below.
We've also summarised the benefits of the STF Travel Sure Insurance into a jargon-free presentation for you to share with SLT and parents.