Language World 2017 proves a roaring success

  • Jo Layzell, Voyager's Foreign Language Specialist, ready for the show!

    Jo @ Language World 2017
  • Ably supported by Fiona Cullen, Voyager's MFL Sales Advisor

    Fi @ Language World 2017

The Language World 2017 event in Nottingham last weekend proved a great success for all involved, particularly the team at Voyager School Travel. Organised by The Association for Language Learning, the event had a theme of 'Progress for ALL'  promoting progress in all aspects of pupils’ learning of languages. 

As a result the Voyager stand was a veritable hub of activity with Jo Layzell, Voyager's Modern Foreign Languages Specialist and Fiona Cullen,  Voyager's MFL Sales Advisor, hosting a constant stream of teachers keen to learn more about the products we offer. From our language immersion programmes in Normandy and on the Opal Coast in France, through to our adventure themed language programmes in Arbolar in Spain, interest was high and many promising new relationships were initiated.

In particular, our new hotel, the Moulin aux Draps on the Opal Coast was the talk of the town with dozens of teachers expressing an interest in joining one of our upcoming inspection visits.

2017 will be the Moulin's second season of operation offering our 'Opal Parle' and Voyager Interaction' programmes. 90% of schools who visited in 2016 have already re-booked for this year and the remaining 10% are due to return in 2018. Why? 

Being only 45 minutes from Calais, the hotel is virtually on our doorstep, and the accommodation is of a particularly high standard for a school trip. Not only that but our programmes are hosted by native animateurs who encourage students to speak French at every opportunity, making the trip immersive in every sense of the word.

Visitors to our stand at the Language World event were understandably keen to learn about our Opal coast tours, but they also had a chance to enter our prize draw to win some luxurious chocolate goodies...if you did enter the draw keep an eye on your email this week to see if your one of our 5 lucky winners!

If you'd like to learn more about our Opal Coast programmes or any of our language products please do get in touch today!