Senior Instructor / Activity Manager
- Posted:1 November 2019
- Company:Voyager Adventure
- Location:Argeles-sur-Mer, France
- Starting:April 2020
- Duration:3-6 month contracts
Setting high standards for your peers throughout a season is a tough task. Are you ready to step up?
What's the job?
The Senior Instructors role is to support the Chief Instructor in delivering the daily operational requirements of the Voyager Adventure programme, and set an example to the resort team in leading activity sessions and overall professionalism.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Support of pre-season training and resort preparation
- Supporting the Chief Instructor to deliver the Voyager Adventure programme
- Delivery activity sessions
- Assisting with the management of the resort team
- Oversee planning and delivery of the evening entertainment programme
- Continuous assessment of Health and Safety within the operation
- Client videos
You'll need to be THE instructor delivering outstanding sessions on a regular basis throughout the summer season. Someone who other staff look to as a shinning example of how an activity session should be run. You'll spend most of your time on the beach, but will also be responsible for programming and delivering the Evening Entertainment in your resort.
Who does this role suit?
We are looking for someone with at least one season in the Outdoor Activity Industry under their belt, who's ready to take a step up. No prior management experience is necessary, this role is very much for an outstanding instructor looking to advance their career.
You'll be expected to set a high standard of professionalism and show a solid work ethic, but also know when it's time to have fun.
Ideally you'll be an RYA Senior Instructor or UKCC L2, and a minimum of two of the professional qualifications shown below. Although we are happy to consider applicants who have equivalent experience/qualifications.
- RYA Dingy Instructor
- RYA Windsurf Instructor
- BCU Level 1 paddle sports coach (or higher)
- ASI or BSUPA SUP Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- Age 18+
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of your contract
- Full clean driving license
Good to know
If you are offered a position we will require two appropriate written references and you will need to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB). Non-UK applicants will need to provide a Certificate of Good Character or equivalent as per the UK Government's guidelines. This is our standard procedure for job roles that require working with minors. If you have any concerns about this process please do not hesitate to contact a member of our office team. Your call will be dealt with in confidence.
Further information is available at https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/overview
Competitive salary; Accommodation; Uniform; Comprehensive insurance & Return travel