Schools are bound by the booking conditions that they have signed up to and no extension of our obligations are inferred without specific written agreement between the school and ourselves. However, the following statements cover our tour operator packages offered in the above packages under the contract that schools have signed up to. If there are any statements that you would like to see included in the following, please contact us with your suggestions.
1. Voyager School Travel complies with relevant health and safety regulations, including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated regulations for visits taking place in the UK, and has a health and safety policy [downloadable from our web sites] and recorded risk assessments.
2. Accidents and emergency procedures are maintained and records are available for inspection. Vehicles
3. All vehicles are roadworthy and meet the requirements of relevant regulations in the country in which they are being used. Coach Travel is covered by the Travel Industry's benchmark for coach safety, CoachSafe. Liability regarding aircraft and ferries is limited in line with applicable international treaties.
4. CRB checks are carried out on seasonal and permanent staff recruited from the UK for relevant criminal history to aid in assessing their suitability to work with young people. 5. There are adequate and regular opportunities for liaison between school staff and Voyager School Travel's staff and there is sufficient flexibility to make changes to the programme if necessary and the reasons for such changes will be made known to school staff. Insurance
6. Class Tours Ltd has product and public liability insurance to the sum of £10,000,000 and contains a clause giving 'indemnity to principal'.
7. UK accommodation is covered by a current fire certificate or [where this is not legally required] advice has been sought from an independent fire safety expert and implemented. A fire risk assessment has been completed.
8. If abroad, the accommodation complies with fire, health and safety regulations, which apply in the country concerned.
9. There are security arrangements to prevent unauthorised persons entering accommodation. These arrangements vary but are appropriate to the type of accommodation in which the group is housed.
10. Separate male and female accommodation and washing facilities are provided and staff accommodation is close to pupils' accommodation, to aid supervision.
11. For UK activity groups undertaking licensable sports, a valid Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) Licence will be in place.
12. For sports outside the scope of this licence, the activity will be delivered under the guidelines of the National Governing Body [NGB] pertaining to that activity. In the absence of an NGB, a written operation manual exists covering the delivery of the sport and a risk assessment will have been carried out.
13. Voyager School Travel's bought in activity providers [including ski schools] operate a policy for staff recruitment, training and assessment in line with relevant NGB's guidelines. Instructors with a responsibility for participants are deemed competent to undertake their duties by way of the qualifications they hold and the ongoing assessment they undergo.
14. These Providers, have a written code of practice for activities which is consistent with guidelines of the relevant NGB's.
15. Instructor competencies are confirmed by way of their NGB qualifications.
16. Where there is no National Governing Body for an activity, the provider has a code of conduct for that activity which is in line with current good practice within the UK and/or overseas location, and this includes assessing appropriate instructor competencies.
17. Instructors are practiced and assessed to be competent in accident and emergency procedures, most NGB's insist on a current first aid qualification.
18. There is a clear definition of responsibilities between providers and visiting staff regarding supervision and welfare of participants. See our Health and Safety Statement on the website.
19. All equipment used in activities is suited to task, adequately maintained in accordance with statutory requirements and current good practice, with records kept of maintenance checks where necessary.
As a tour operator delivering services to schools using other providers eg. Ski schools, other activity providers, transport operators or accommodation, we monitor whether each provider meets the relevant specifications outlined in Sections A and B of this form or whether these providers operate to standards which meet the relevant regulations which apply to the country of operation.
As an ABTA Member we take responsibility for the acts and omissions of our agents and subcontractors in their delivery of various aspects of our packages. Our liability is restricted in some cases by way of existing international conventions.
We comply with the package travel regulations, including bonding to safeguard customers' monies. Our ABTA Number is Y0554 & we hold Civil Aviation Authority ATOL Licence Number 9817.
The above information reflects relevant aspects of the package booked by the school in question. We believe this to be an accurate restatement of information contained in our published literature and in the agreement into which the school has entered into with us. Your attention is drawn to our Health & Safety Statements which can be found on our websites at www.voyagerschooltravel.com.
"Thank you for arranging a brilliant school trip to France last week. Staff and children had a really enjoyable time and learned a lot. The programme was busy and we made good use of our time. Juju is a fantastic animateur – he's got so much energy and I was pleased that he insisted on high standards of the children's French."
Anna Rippe, Head of French
Our experienced and friendly team is at hand and ready to help if you want to get in touch to make a booking or have any questions.
Spanish Language School Trips
History school trips
Geography school trips
French Language School trips
Spanish Language in Arbolar
Château de la Baudonnière
Language Trips to Voyager's Moulin aux Draps
4 amazing activity centres. Looking for a successful, stress-free adventure with your students?
Argelès-sur-Mer adventure holiday
Tossa de Mar adventure holiday
Ardèche adventure holiday
Alpine adventure holiday
Voyager are experts in International School Group Travel. See how we can tailor-make a tour around your specific needs.
Case Study - Grange School, Nigeria
Case Study - Marlborough College, Malaysia
Case Study - Brighton College, Abu Dhabi
Case Study - Sherborne College, Qatar
Case Study - The American School of Lima